Gemalto is among the suppliers selected by China Telecom to supply SIMs to support the rollout of NFC services to its 183 million subscribers. The carrier will be using Gemalto’s UpTeq Multi-Tenant NFC SIMs which come with embedded LTE management software, “enabling China Telecom subscribers to enjoy NFC services with the convenience and speed of mobile broadband”.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes