Twenty upmarket restaurants in Toronto have signed up for mobile payments service Tab. “Users download a free app, set up a profile, and plug in their payment information,” The Globe and Mail reports. “If they’re eating at a participating restaurant, they start the meal by checking into the establishment — the app pops up a list, geolocated to the closest participating institution. And that’s it — at the end of the meal, the app picks up the tab.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway