Twenty upmarket restaurants in Toronto have signed up for mobile payments service Tab. “Users download a free app, set up a profile, and plug in their payment information,” The Globe and Mail reports. “If they’re eating at a participating restaurant, they start the meal by checking into the establishment — the app pops up a list, geolocated to the closest participating institution. And that’s it — at the end of the meal, the app picks up the tab.”
- US Bank cardmembers among first to get Android Pay
- Android Pay to support offers and rewards
- USAT adds support for Android Pay
- Google unveils Android Pay
- Apple Pay rewards program looms?