Toy retailing giant Toys ‘R’ Us has revealed it has seen 23,000 individual transactions conducted using Isis in the three months since it began accepting the NFC payments service. The company is “very happy” with the service, Gregory Todd, the merchant’s senior analyst for credit card programs, told attendees at the 2014 NFC Solutions Summit. Isis recently announced that it is now seeing 20,000 wallet activations a day.
- Half of UK shoppers think wearable payments will be commonplace within five years
- One in five US consumers have used an EMV card
- Air New Zealand gives children NFC wristbands to track their journey
- Tencent launches WeChat mobile wallet in South Africa
- Swatch confirms payment watch launch in US, Switzerland and Brazil