Banco do Brasil has partnered with mobile network operator Oi and Visa to offer NFC mobile payments in Brazil. The service will be made available to a limited number of users initially and then rolled out to all the bank’s customers. Users will be able to make payments with an NFC phone at any of the 1.4m contactless POS terminals available in the country. Oberthur Technologies is supplying NFC SIMs to Oi for the project.
- MasterCard discusses how Samsung Pay works
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S6 with NFC and LoopPay mobile payments
- Apple Pay provisioning fraud hole “has to get plugged now”
- Bank of England ponders own digital currency
- Fibank to launch HCE mobile payments