Banco do Brasil has partnered with mobile network operator Oi and Visa to offer NFC mobile payments in Brazil. The service will be made available to a limited number of users initially and then rolled out to all the bank’s customers. Users will be able to make payments with an NFC phone at any of the 1.4m contactless POS terminals available in the country. Oberthur Technologies is supplying NFC SIMs to Oi for the project.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month