Banco do Brasil has partnered with mobile network operator Oi and Visa to offer NFC mobile payments in Brazil. The service will be made available to a limited number of users initially and then rolled out to all the bank’s customers. Users will be able to make payments with an NFC phone at any of the 1.4m contactless POS terminals available in the country. Oberthur Technologies is supplying NFC SIMs to Oi for the project.
- VocaLink to develop real-time mobile payments for Thailand
- Wincor Nixdorf to launch NFC ATMs
- Packaging Digest gets NFC cover
- VTB Bank launches HCE mobile payments in Georgia
- Singapore taxis add MasterPass mobile payments