Priceline, the world’s leading accommodation booking platform, is to buy restaurant booking service OpenTable for $103 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2.6billion. OpenTable, which has been testing mobile payments in San Francisco, has seated more than 125million diners worldwide while one million guests stay in accommodation booked by Priceline every night.
- Americans expect cashless society in their lifetime
- Absa Bank comes to Facebook Messenger
- Mobile-only bank goes live in Germany
- LTA signs up Mastercard for account-based contactless ticketing in Singapore
- BBA reports UK contactless increase