Priceline, the world’s leading accommodation booking platform, is to buy restaurant booking service OpenTable for $103 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2.6billion. OpenTable, which has been testing mobile payments in San Francisco, has seated more than 125million diners worldwide while one million guests stay in accommodation booked by Priceline every night.
- NXP sues Marvell over Xbox NFC chips
- Cachet adds prepaid cards to Apple Pay
- Apple CEO says 2015 will be the “year of Apple Pay”
- USAT adds support for Apple Pay
- Starbucks increases mobile payments to 16% of total