Priceline, the world’s leading accommodation booking platform, is to buy restaurant booking service OpenTable for $103 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2.6billion. OpenTable, which has been testing mobile payments in San Francisco, has seated more than 125million diners worldwide while one million guests stay in accommodation booked by Priceline every night.
- SimplyTapp compares Apple Pay and Android HCE
- Macy’s unveils mobile payments and customer marketing plans
- Subway to accept mobile payments in 26,000 US locations
- Apple Pay to get 0.15% transaction fee
- No Apple Pay for Walmart, Best Buy