Priceline, the world’s leading accommodation booking platform, is to buy restaurant booking service OpenTable for $103 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2.6billion. OpenTable, which has been testing mobile payments in San Francisco, has seated more than 125million diners worldwide while one million guests stay in accommodation booked by Priceline every night.
- SumUp raises €10m in funding
- Google invites for Project Soli tests
- Cyber Group and Sensoro roll out beacons across Greater China
- $14.9bn biometrics market by 2024
- Samsung Pay opens US beta test