French banking group Credit Mutuel-CIC has introduced an NFC payments service that is available to customers regardless of their mobile network operator. The bank is using Airtag’s Airpass white label mobile wallet solution for the SIM-based service. “The strength of the app is the simple installation process and the convenience added to in-store payment transactions,” says Airtag CEO Jérémie Leroyer.
- Half of UK shoppers think wearable payments will be commonplace within five years
- One in five US consumers have used an EMV card
- Air New Zealand gives children NFC wristbands to track their journey
- Tencent launches WeChat mobile wallet in South Africa
- Swatch confirms payment watch launch in US, Switzerland and Brazil