French banking group Credit Mutuel-CIC has introduced an NFC payments service that is available to customers regardless of their mobile network operator. The bank is using Airtag’s Airpass white label mobile wallet solution for the SIM-based service. “The strength of the app is the simple installation process and the convenience added to in-store payment transactions,” says Airtag CEO Jérémie Leroyer.
- AMS chips will allow cars to be unlocked and started with NFC phones
- Carrefour uses LED lighting to send offers to shoppers in stores
- Apple Store purchases get two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8tn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service