Customers of Canadian carrier Bell will be able to use CIBC bank’s mobile payment app to make NFC payments “in the coming weeks”. Launched in partnership with mobile network operator Rogers in November 2012, CIBC expanded availability of the service to include customers of carrier Telus in February 2014.
- 50% of Americans use mobile banking
- MyPay to launch mobile wallet in Myanmar
- Chili’s Grill & Bar to enable Android Pay at the table
- Pizza Hut Asia trials order and pay using a robot called Pepper
- Wells Fargo to launch NFC mobile payments