Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) platform provider Radius Networks has introduced QuickBeacon for OS X, a virtual iBeacon solution that can turn any Macintosh computer equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 and running OS X 10.9 or higher into a fully configurable BLE beacon. QuickBeacon is aimed at enterprise, retail point-of-sale and hospitality environments, Radius says.
- Spanish clothing retailer to roll out QR code payments
- Coinbase rolls out in Australia
- Windows Hello heads to apps and websites
- US and UK consumers warm to mobile payments, loyalty and coupons
- Venmo enables in-app payments