IdentiCard has introduced a silicone wristband containing a Mifare contactless chip that can be used to replace traditional student access cards on campus. Uband can be used “for dormitory or classroom access, payment at campus dining locations, printer authorization in campus libraries and more,” the company says.
- Half of UK shoppers think wearable payments will be commonplace within five years
- One in five US consumers have used an EMV card
- Air New Zealand gives children NFC wristbands to track their journey
- Tencent launches WeChat mobile wallet in South Africa
- Swatch confirms payment watch launch in US, Switzerland and Brazil