A guide to host card emulation (HCE) and SIM-based NFC payments options has been produced by Consult Hyperion, in conjunction with GSMA. Each technology offers important benefits for financial institutions, HCE and SIM Secure Element: It’s not Black and White (PDF) concludes. “They should not be viewed as mutually exclusive and a combination of the approaches may be appropriate for differing applications and markets,” it adds.
- Qkr! payments at Wagamama
- Madrid tests NFC ticketing on public transport
- Pizza Hut could let customers order and pay for pizza from their cars
- SpotMe app lets Android users spend Apple Pay cash
- Qualcomm demos 3D fingerprint technology for mobile phones