Samsung has unveiled the Galaxy S5 Mini, a compact version of their latest flagship smartphone. LTE models come with NFC, and the device also features Bluetooth 4.0 BLE connectivity as well a fingerprint sensor to provide users with extra security and the ability to verify PayPal payments using their finger. The Galaxy S5 Mini will be available in Russia this month and is expected to roll out globally.
- FitPay closes $3.1m round led by G&D
- Samsung looks into vein authentication
- APCA explores security code for digital wallets in Australia
- Apple Pay available in more than 2m US retail locations
- Apple begins selling Square contactless reader