Chinese online payments giant Alipay is testing a mobile app based virtual credit card service called Xinren Bao that features customised credit limits based on a user’s shopping history and a 38-day interest-free period on all purchases, Marbridge Consulting reports. Xinren Bao is currently in closed beta testing and Alipay has declined to provide confirmation or details to NFC World+ at this time.
- Apple Store purchases gets two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8bn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service
- PayPal adds Touch ID to iOS app
- NTT Docomo rolls out Fido biometrics platform in Japan