Retailer-owned mobile payments provider Yapital is testing the use of fingerprint biometrics to replace PIN entry when paying by smartphone. “As the major smartphone manufacturers are now integrating fingerprint scanning into their products, we have immediately launched appropriate tests,” says Yapital’s Oliver Kress. The company already supports payments via NFC, QR and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
- Smart Card Alliance offers HCE paper
- Square lets consumers send cash by text
- Citi launches digital wallet
- Estimote unveils BLE stickers
- IPC Media promotes magazine sales via convenience store beacons