Taiwan’s Fair Trade Commission has approved a plan to establish a TSM platform that the country’s financial institutions will be able to use to introduce mobile payments services, Want China Times reports. Financial Information Service Co, the National Credit Card Center of ROC and the Taiwan Clearing House will jointly create the platform. The partners aim to have the TSM service up and running in December 2014.
- KFC China restaurants to accept Alipay mobile payments next month
- Global payments company to launch biometric cards with fingerprint scanner
- Mahindra Comviva and Pole SCS in European partnership
- NFC smartphone sales up 55% year on year in 2015
- 2.2bn NFC-enabled handset shipments by 2020, IHS Technology predicts