Synchrony Financial, formerly GE Capital Retail Finance, has made “a strategic investment” in LoopPay, developer of a mobile phone add-on that lets US consumers make payments at merchants equipped with magnetic stripe card terminals. The amount of the investment has not been disclosed.
- Transcript: Apple VP Kevin Lynch and CEO Tim Cook show off how Apple Watch can be used beyond payments
- Video demos show how Apple Pay users will make a payment with the iPhone 6
- How Apple will generate revenues from mobile payments begins to become clear
- Discover in talks on Apple Pay support
- MasterCard issues European contactless POS mandate