More than 1.75 billion mobile phone users will have used their device for banking purposes by the end of 2019, up from 800 million people this year, according to a new Juniper Research forecast. “Banks now regard the mobile channel as an indispensable revenue stream,” says report author Nitin Bhas. “However, with the mobile channel becoming a key customer retention strategy, it presents a great challenge to traditional institutions.”
- One billion people make use of mobile banking
- LG to launch mobile payments service?
- Ultracash launches sound-based mobile payment service in Bangalore
- Calgary to get mobile ticketing app?
- Gemalto tackles card-not-present fraud with dynamic CVV codes