Atmel, Broadcom, Dell, Intel, Samsung and Wind River have formed the Open Interconnect Consortium (OIC), a new industry grouping that aims to improve the interoperability and define the connectivity requirements for the Internet of Things (IoT). Rival IoT standards group the AllSeen Alliance, set up in December 2013 and backed by 51 companies, signed up Microsoft as its latest member earlier this week
- Apple CEO says 2015 will be the “year of Apple Pay”
- USAT adds support for Apple Pay
- Starbucks increases mobile payments to 16% of total
- Wirecard to offer white label HCE wristband
- Samsung Pay to launch at MWC?