One in three UK smartphone or tablet owners have never enabled push notifications on their connected devices and 78% of those who have enabled it would immediately delete the app or disable the notification if they were unhappy with the push notifications they receive, a DMA UK survey has found. Sales promotions (34%), new product launches (26%) and location-based offers (24%) top the list of push notifications consumers are most willing to receive.
- High value contactless payments arrive in the UK
- Latvian merchants and ski resorts adopt NFC loyalty platform
- Semble picks Gemalto for NFC in NZ
- White paper explains NFC-enabled sensors and their uses
- Contactless makes Word of the Year shortlist