Apple has introduced a digital version of the iTunes gift card in Japan that replaces the need for customers to buy a physical card. “To substitute for a physical gift card, iTunes Pass installs a new pass inside of the iOS Passbook application,” 9to5Mac reports.
- Venmo enables in-app payments
- South Africans to get biometric authentication for card payments
- Apple Pay accounts for 75% of all contactless payments in the US
- Australian banks seek stronger negotiating powers with third party mobile wallet providers
- Americans expect cashless society in their lifetime