Messaging app Snapchat has applied to extend its trademark into two classes relating to payments, Techcrunch reports. Trademark #86335306 covers “computer application software for processing electronic payments to and from others that may be downloaded from a global computer network” while trademark #86335307 applies to “electronic transfer of money for others; providing electronic processing of electronic funds transfer, ACH, credit card, debit card, electronic check and electronic, mobile and online payments”.
- Carrefour uses LED lighting to send offers to shoppers in stores
- Apple Store purchases get two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8bn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service
- PayPal adds Touch ID to iOS app