Messaging app Snapchat has applied to extend its trademark into two classes relating to payments, Techcrunch reports. Trademark #86335306 covers “computer application software for processing electronic payments to and from others that may be downloaded from a global computer network” while trademark #86335307 applies to “electronic transfer of money for others; providing electronic processing of electronic funds transfer, ACH, credit card, debit card, electronic check and electronic, mobile and online payments”.
- Discover joins effort to speed up EMV checkout
- Amex bot notifies purchases through Facebook Messenger
- Walmart Pay arrives in 15 more states
- ABN Amro takes payments to WhatsApp
- EMV claims more than a third of global card-present payments