US retail chain Target has launched an image recognition app that lets customers buy items from magazine adverts, catalogs and other media showing the retailer’s ‘In a Snap’ icon. Shoppers hold their phone over a product to capture its image and are then presented with product information and the ability to add the item to their cart and buy it from Target.
- Four in ten UK consumers willing to switch banks for mobile payments
- NXP ‘focused on mobile wallet’
- Android to get fingerprint authentication
- Nearly half of iPhone 6 owners successfully using Apple Pay
- Clear2Pay gets Visa confirmation as CVES provider