“Nearly all mobile payments growth on Adyen’s platform in Q2 originated from smartphones,” the payments processor’s latest global Mobile Payments Index has found. “Europe leads the world in mcommerce transactions, with 22.7% of all transactions originating from a mobile device (12.4% phone; 10.3% tablet). This represents a near 40% increase from June 2013, when mobile represented 16.3% of total transactions.”
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition