Visa has invested an undisclosed sum in Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) inventor LoopPay. “The investment is part of a larger strategic funding round for LoopPay, announced earlier this month, which includes Synchrony Financial (formerly GE Capital Retail Finance) and other strategic partners not yet named,” the mobile payments startup says.
- Subway adds PayPal to mobile app
- Commonwealth Bank adds loyalty to mobile app
- Samsung and MasterCard prepare Europe for Samsung Pay
- Stripe gets access to Visa Token Service through strategic partnership
- Tech firms do “better job” than banks, say 24% of young Brits