Visa has invested an undisclosed sum in Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) inventor LoopPay. “The investment is part of a larger strategic funding round for LoopPay, announced earlier this month, which includes Synchrony Financial (formerly GE Capital Retail Finance) and other strategic partners not yet named,” the mobile payments startup says.
- JPMorgan Chase CEO outlines mobile wallet strategy
- Capital One founder hails Apple Pay “breakthrough”
- MasterCard backs Zwipe fingerprint payment card
- Obama signs chip and pin law
- Android 5.0 SDK now available