Chinese mobile device maker Xiaomi has launched the Mi Band, a CNY79 (US$13) wristband that features sensors for health and fitness tracking and can be used to unlock the wearer’s Xiaomi smartphone via BLE. “Future plans for the Mi Band include making it into a personal ID — so it can unlock your door when you come home, or switch on smart appliances and gadgets,” The Next Web reports.
- PayPal adds Touch ID to iOS app
- NTT Docomo rolls out Fido biometrics platform in Japan
- Danske Bank to integrate PowaTag platform with mobile payments app
- Audi Q7 includes NFC tablet
- Danske Bank pilots Zwipe biometric cards