Chinese mobile device maker Xiaomi has launched the Mi Band, a CNY79 (US$13) wristband that features sensors for health and fitness tracking and can be used to unlock the wearer’s Xiaomi smartphone via BLE. “Future plans for the Mi Band include making it into a personal ID — so it can unlock your door when you come home, or switch on smart appliances and gadgets,” The Next Web reports.
- Citibank customers in New York get ATM access via BLE beacons
- Sweatcoin pays Brits to get fit
- BitPay launches BitPay Visa card
- State Bank of India goes live with mVisa
- Mobeam passes 40m in-store transactions