An Amazon Card Reader will be available from next month costing US$9.99, according to internal documents from office supplies retailer Staples obtained by 9to5Mac. The new product will be located “alongside existing card readers from Square, PayPal, and Staples’ own in-house brand”, the documents show. The Wall Street Journal first revealed in February that Amazon planned to introduce a Kindle Checkout solution this summer.
- SimplyTapp launches open source tokenization project
- Bookatable tests iBeacon at 119 restaurants
- Chicago to get NFC mobile ticketing in 2016
- Discover CEO outlines plan to join Apple Pay
- Researchers show off ‘skin buttons’ for smartwatches