An Amazon Card Reader will be available from next month costing US$9.99, according to internal documents from office supplies retailer Staples obtained by 9to5Mac. The new product will be located “alongside existing card readers from Square, PayPal, and Staples’ own in-house brand”, the documents show. The Wall Street Journal first revealed in February that Amazon planned to introduce a Kindle Checkout solution this summer.
- 17% of French consumers make mobile payments
- Magyar Telekom launches NFC in Hungary
- Danish carriers abandon mobile payments ambitions
- Android Pay to use fingerprint security
- Swirl reports positive consumer feedback on in-store beacon offers