An Amazon Card Reader will be available from next month costing US$9.99, according to internal documents from office supplies retailer Staples obtained by 9to5Mac. The new product will be located “alongside existing card readers from Square, PayPal, and Staples’ own in-house brand”, the documents show. The Wall Street Journal first revealed in February that Amazon planned to introduce a Kindle Checkout solution this summer.
- Webinar on delivering NFC transport ticketing services at scale — See it now on NFC World
- One in four UK consumers influenced by in-store payment methods
- UK cash payments fall to 48%
- Four in ten UK consumers willing to switch banks for mobile payments
- NXP ‘focused on mobile wallet’