An Amazon Card Reader will be available from next month costing US$9.99, according to internal documents from office supplies retailer Staples obtained by 9to5Mac. The new product will be located “alongside existing card readers from Square, PayPal, and Staples’ own in-house brand”, the documents show. The Wall Street Journal first revealed in February that Amazon planned to introduce a Kindle Checkout solution this summer.
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS
- Tattoos confound Apple Watch wrist detection, making Apple Pay “unusable”
- 84% of banks and retailers plan to invest in mobile payment technology
- 92% of UK mobile users to make a mobile payment in 2015
- Chip and PIN faces slow take-up in US, says Forrester