An Amazon Card Reader will be available from next month costing US$9.99, according to internal documents from office supplies retailer Staples obtained by 9to5Mac. The new product will be located “alongside existing card readers from Square, PayPal, and Staples’ own in-house brand”, the documents show. The Wall Street Journal first revealed in February that Amazon planned to introduce a Kindle Checkout solution this summer.
- Tangerine tests facial recognition
- MasterCard partners with P97 to enable mobile payments and rewards at the pump
- Ingenico integrates Bitcoin mobile payments into POS terminals
- Seqr offers refer-a-friend rewards
- Samsung responds to LoopPay hack