Some 53% of consumers globally report they have either used or are interested in redeeming offers and coupons with their phones, while 44% have used or are interested using their mobile device to pay for things in stores and restaurants, according to new research from Ovum. “Combined rewards and offers in conjunction with mobile payments are set to be a common feature in the near term as a means to reach consumers and drive spending in new ways,” the analysts conclude.
- Verizon agrees to support Samsung Pay
- JCB to pilot palm vein payments in Japan
- Aramark and Tapingo take mobile payments to 25 US universities
- Chevron to offer NFC mobile payments at the pump
- Vein recognition market to grow 27% a year