Vodafone Italia is working with high-end Italian food market chain Eataly on a pilot project that lets 2,500 staff tap their NFC phone or scan a QR code on a smart poster to order and pay for groceries that are then delivered to their home or office. The posters come in a range of sizes and can be applied to various surfaces, enabling them to be placed in a wide range of locations, the partners say.
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments