The GSMA has published a discussion paper on how increased smartphone adoption in the developing world will impact the global mobile money industry. Enhanced user experiences, an accelerated pace of new product development and increased competition are all highlighted as likely developments by the Smartphones & Mobile Money paper.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies