The GSMA has published a discussion paper on how increased smartphone adoption in the developing world will impact the global mobile money industry. Enhanced user experiences, an accelerated pace of new product development and increased competition are all highlighted as likely developments by the Smartphones & Mobile Money paper.
- 82% of UK marketers unaware of NFC OOH advertising
- Vodafone combines tokens and SIMs for NFC payments in Europe
- One in five US mobile phone users made a mobile payment in 2014
- NFC wristbands to help swimmers track performance
- TEB to roll out HCE payments in Turkey