Video game retailer GameStop is deploying Shelfbucks beacons in test markets including Austin and College Station, Texas this month to deliver offers and relevant data to a shopper’s smartphone running a mobile app developed by BestFit Mobile. “We can deliver personalisation at a much higher level, ensuring customers always have access to relevant product offers, including product ratings and reviews, when and where it matters to them most,” says GameStop’s Charlie Larkin.
- O2 buys out Weve partners and drops mobile payment plans
- “iPad Pro” to include NFC?
- Qualcomm and NXP team up for NFC on Snapdragon platforms
- NFC gets top marks for helping Barcelona kids get to school
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS