Korean mobile messaging service Kakao is to launch a new payment solution in September, in collaboration with nine credit card firms, that will let its 100 million KakaoTalk customers make payments using only their password. “Through integration of the payment modules to the KakaoTalk network, the company will help users buy goods simply with the KakaoTalk password once they register credit card or account information at the first transaction,” the Korea Times reports.
- ING opens up HCE to all Netherlands customers
- JCPenney piloting store cards on Apple Pay
- Developers unveil electronic tattoos for payments and healthcare
- Fashion mag drives 500,000 store visits with beacon campaign
- Wirecard launches HCE payments in four European countries