Korean mobile messaging service Kakao is to launch a new payment solution in September, in collaboration with nine credit card firms, that will let its 100 million KakaoTalk customers make payments using only their password. “Through integration of the payment modules to the KakaoTalk network, the company will help users buy goods simply with the KakaoTalk password once they register credit card or account information at the first transaction,” the Korea Times reports.
- Subway adds PayPal to mobile app
- Commonwealth Bank adds loyalty to mobile app
- Samsung and MasterCard prepare Europe for Samsung Pay
- Stripe gets access to Visa Token Service through strategic partnership
- Tech firms do “better job” than banks, say 24% of young Brits