Korean mobile messaging service Kakao is to launch a new payment solution in September, in collaboration with nine credit card firms, that will let its 100 million KakaoTalk customers make payments using only their password. “Through integration of the payment modules to the KakaoTalk network, the company will help users buy goods simply with the KakaoTalk password once they register credit card or account information at the first transaction,” the Korea Times reports.
- KFC China restaurants to accept Alipay mobile payments next month
- Global payments company to launch biometric cards with fingerprint scanner
- Mahindra Comviva and Pole SCS in European partnership
- NFC smartphone sales up 55% year on year in 2015
- 2.2bn NFC-enabled handset shipments by 2020, IHS Technology predicts