Korean mobile messaging service Kakao is to launch a new payment solution in September, in collaboration with nine credit card firms, that will let its 100 million KakaoTalk customers make payments using only their password. “Through integration of the payment modules to the KakaoTalk network, the company will help users buy goods simply with the KakaoTalk password once they register credit card or account information at the first transaction,” the Korea Times reports.
- Video shows Samsung Pay in action
- NXP tool helps developers access secure elements
- Carta makes HCE simple with hosted Cloud Suite payments platform
- Samsung Pay’s success in the US is not assured, says expert
- Korea shifts to NFC authentication for mobile banking