Korean mobile messaging service Kakao is to launch a new payment solution in September, in collaboration with nine credit card firms, that will let its 100 million KakaoTalk customers make payments using only their password. “Through integration of the payment modules to the KakaoTalk network, the company will help users buy goods simply with the KakaoTalk password once they register credit card or account information at the first transaction,” the Korea Times reports.
- NFC Ring circles the globe
- JPMorgan Chase to support Android Pay
- Apple Pay bank list grows
- Samsung Pay hits 100m transactions in first year
- Transport for NSW seeks bright ideas