The SIMalliance has set out its recommendations for UICC configuration and feature requirements for NFC payments in a new paper called UICC Configuration for Mobile NFC Payments v1.0. “One of SIMalliance’s greatest priorities is to continue to drive UICC interoperability,” says the association’s Frederic Vasnier. “Our sight remains firmly fixed on helping MNOs ease third-party access to their subscribers via NFC-enabled SIMs.”
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments