More than one million Brits have now registered for Paym, the mobile payments service operated by the UK’s Payments Council, with just over £6.5m being sent on the platform since its launch in April this year. “It’s hugely encouraging that one million people have chosen to register for Paym already, but this milestone only marks the start of growth in the service,” says the company’s Jemma Smith.
- Singapore commuters trial wristband payments
- PayPal launches PayPal.Me
- India biometrics market to grow 35% by 2020
- Ingenico joins WorldPay bidding war
- Sony unveils Wena Wrist with NFC payments