More than one million Brits have now registered for Paym, the mobile payments service operated by the UK’s Payments Council, with just over £6.5m being sent on the platform since its launch in April this year. “It’s hugely encouraging that one million people have chosen to register for Paym already, but this milestone only marks the start of growth in the service,” says the company’s Jemma Smith.
- Barclaycard launches second generation bPay wearable payment devices
- Apple publishes UK contactless FAQ
- PayPal set to float on 17 July
- Fans get contactless entry to football matches in Cyprus
- PayRange raises $12m for vending machine payments via Bluetooth