EyeVerify has raised US$6m in Series A funding for a service that uses the camera in a mobile phone to secure access to mobile banking and other apps. The company’s Eyeprint Verification System captures and compares the pattern of blood vessels in the whites of the user’s eyes and is expected to be used “in financial services, enterprise mobility management, mobile security, telecoms, healthcare and government”.
- Wearable payments to reach $501bn by 2020
- OneBit tests Bitcoin payments via NFC
- US shoppers buying into mobile payments
- Square ‘files for public offering’
- Visa signs up 2,300 financial institutions for Visa Token Service