EyeVerify has raised US$6m in Series A funding for a service that uses the camera in a mobile phone to secure access to mobile banking and other apps. The company’s Eyeprint Verification System captures and compares the pattern of blood vessels in the whites of the user’s eyes and is expected to be used “in financial services, enterprise mobility management, mobile security, telecoms, healthcare and government”.
- 226bn transactions to be secured with biometrics by 2020
- House of Fraser adds AR to mobile app
- Fingerprint sensor shipments to reach 1bn units by 2020
- Miami Heat fans get mobile payments and ticketing
- Pinterest expands availability of Buyable Pins