EyeVerify has raised US$6m in Series A funding for a service that uses the camera in a mobile phone to secure access to mobile banking and other apps. The company’s Eyeprint Verification System captures and compares the pattern of blood vessels in the whites of the user’s eyes and is expected to be used “in financial services, enterprise mobility management, mobile security, telecoms, healthcare and government”.
- Barclaycard to add wearable ticketing to bPay contactless wristband
- SD Association adds support for TransferJet communications
- AMS offers developer kit for adding NFC to electronic devices
- Alipay adds fingerprint security
- Samsung and PayPal to offer smartwatch payments