eBay is considering a spinoff of its payments service PayPal as early as next year, Reuters reports, but details of the move and what structure it could take remain unclear. “The board will continue to assess all alternatives to create that long-term value and to enhance the growth and competitive positions of both eBay and PayPal. This position has not changed,” says eBay spokeswoman Amanda Miller.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe