Customers of US fuel and convenience store chain Mapco can now pay at the pump with their mobile phone at 276 of the retailer’s stores. “Consumers who download the app can now drive up to the nearest Mapco location, open the app, enter how much they want to pay, and checkout using PayPal,” says Brad Brodigan, VP Retail for North America at PayPal, the exclusive payment option offered by the My Mapco app.
- 2.2bn NFC-enabled handset shipments by 2020, IHS Technology predicts
- Beacons guide Hong Kong airport passengers
- Maple Leafs install beacons for draft party
- Sharp includes fingerprint sensor in flagship smartphone
- US$2.7tn mobile wallet market by 2020