US NFC mobile payments venture Isis has chosen Softcard as its new name. The move follows a July decision to abandon its original name in response to the growing profile of the Isis militant group. “The inherent simplicity of Softcard gives it the potential to become a category defining name,” CEO Michael Abbott explains in a blog post. “That’s a bold aspiration, but one that matches the breadth of our vision.”
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition