A report in The New York Times, which cites several people “with knowledge of the products” including two Apple employees — the first time the company has been mentioned as a source on the new products and services — appears to confirm many of the rumours circulating about Apple’s NFC payment plans. Deals with American Express, MasterCard and Visa will mean that “iPhone owners will be able to use their devices as a sort of digital wallet, improving their ability to pay for items at select partner merchants without handing over cash or a credit card,” the report adds.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport