The list of retailers that look set to accept Apple’s new mobile payments service now includes CVS and Walgreens according to Re/Code and Disney, according to 9to5Mac, which adds that Apple is installing additional Gimbal Series 20 Bluetooth beacons in its stores. Also expected to support Apple mobile payments, according to earlier reports, are Nordstrom, Macy’s and McDonalds with the launch date most likely to be 15 September.
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers
- Android Pay offers Christmas rewards
- Loyalty and gifts added to Apple Pay
- Amazon Go store will let customers shop and go without checkout queues
- Join us on Thursday for HCE mobile payments webinar