PARTNER VIEWS: The launch of Apple Pay “is good news for US iPhone users who want to ‘tap to pay’,” Martin Cox, global head of sales at Bell ID, writes in a blog post. “But what about the majority of smartphone users who are using an Android device? What about those of us outside of the US? The good news, he says, is that “banks finally have clarity” on the preferred technology at the point of sale, and “for Apple’s primary market, the US, it’s also strong endorsement for the ubiquity of EMV.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway