PayPal was excluded from the list of Apple Pay preferred partners due to a falling out between the two companies, Bank Innovation reports. The reason? PayPal’s decision to work with Samsung, which has its own mobile wallet ambitions, to deliver fingerprint-secured mobile payments on the Galaxy S5.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport