Instant messaging service Line has announced plans to offer mobile payments to users in Japan from later this year. Line Pay will support mobile payments in stores and online as well as splitting bills between friends. Transactions will be protected by a password and the service will make use of Touch ID to secure transactions made by iOS users.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway