US President Barack Obama has signed an executive order “directing the government to lead by example in securing transactions and sensitive data” by adding chip and PIN security to payment cards. “He is calling on all stakeholders to join the Administration and a number of major corporations in driving the [US] economy toward more secure standards to safeguarding consumer finances and reduce their chances of becoming victims of identity theft — America’s fastest-growing crime,” the White House says.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments