US President Barack Obama has signed an executive order “directing the government to lead by example in securing transactions and sensitive data” by adding chip and PIN security to payment cards. “He is calling on all stakeholders to join the Administration and a number of major corporations in driving the [US] economy toward more secure standards to safeguarding consumer finances and reduce their chances of becoming victims of identity theft — America’s fastest-growing crime,” the White House says.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes