Taiwanese computer maker Acer is to join Apple and Samsung in introducing a payment service for users of its mobile phones and wearable devices, Want China Times reports. The company has partnered with fingerprint sensor provider Egis Technology to develop the cloud-based solution, stating that fingerprint recognition technology is expected to play a “critical part of authentication and making payments” with the service.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway