A teardown of the iPad Air 2 by iFixit has found that Apple has included an NXP 65V10 NFC module in the new tablet. The part is the same used to provide NFC functionality in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and its inclusion is a surprise as no mention of any NFC capability was made when the iPad Air 2 was announced last week.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes