40% of US and Canadian consumers have now used their smartphone to make a payment at a merchant location, up from 16% two years ago, according to Accenture’s 2014 North America Consumer Payments Survey. Millennials (52%) and high-income consumers (55%) are the most “avid adopters” of mobile payments, research based on responses from 4,000 consumers revealed.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland