Semble, the NFC payments joint venture between New Zealand’s carriers and the Paymark payments network, has begun testing its NFC mobile payment solution with 250 of the company’s shareholders and stakeholders in Auckland and Wellington. “The piloteers will test and experience the full Semble journey; downloading the app from Google Play, populating their wallets with live versions of their ASB and BNZ credit and debit cards and then making payments,” Semble explains. The pilot is expected to run until early 2015.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport