Australia’s ANZ is to launch an NFC-enabled mobile wallet in early 2015, following a successful trial of the service. Customers will be able to “securely transfer and store a single ANZ card or multiple ANZ cards on their phone and use those cards to transact at contactless terminals,” the bank says. A new Tap & PIN solution that is to be rolled out across its ATM network will also use NFC for authentication and transaction pre-staging in the future, ANZ adds.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx