US carrier joint venture Softcard’s NFC mobile payments service will be available on more than 100 devices by the end of the year. “We believe in customer choice — it’s one of our core principles and an important factor in driving widespread consumer adoption,” says CEO Michael Abbott. Softcard currently runs on selected Android and Windows Phone devices, with support for iOS planned.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market