US carrier joint venture Softcard’s NFC mobile payments service will be available on more than 100 devices by the end of the year. “We believe in customer choice — it’s one of our core principles and an important factor in driving widespread consumer adoption,” says CEO Michael Abbott. Softcard currently runs on selected Android and Windows Phone devices, with support for iOS planned.
- Graphene NFC antennas pave way for cheaper, stronger connected wearables
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade