Google is to “retire” its Google Wallet for digital goods API and has told merchants who currently let customers pay for digital goods via Google Wallet on their websites that they will need to remove API calls to the service by 2 March 2015. Those who exclusively use Google “will need to transition to an alternate solution”, the company says. Support will continue for both in-app payments and apps sold via the Google Play store, Google adds.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments