A number of cafes in Helsinki, Finland, are to begin testing a payments service developed by Uniqul that uses the geometric proportions of a customer’s face to verify their identity, Yle reports. The technology can be incorporated into existing cash registers, the startup says. “All the customer needs to do when purchasing something with this application is to press an OK button,” Uniqul CEO Oscar Tuutti explains.
- Mastercard to launch artificial intelligence bots for banks and merchants
- Partnership deal for contactless payment wearables
- Visa opens up its tokenization platform to third party suppliers
- Apple Pay goes live in Japan
- Alipay targets 2bn global users